Peace at Last

Posted on Saturday 11 September 2010

Helen Marie McCabe — aka Goldenrod — aka my mother — passed away very early this morning.

Remembered

I’ll be making arrangements for a memorial service soon.  If you haven’t heard from me directly and wish to be notified and/or attend, it’s because I don’t have access to all my mother’s online contact information.  I hope you’ll understand, and contact me directly.

And just at the moment (to borrow the words of a wise man)… that’s all I have to say about that.

9 Comments for 'Peace at Last'

September 11, 2010 | 11:24 pm

I am so very sorry.

September 12, 2010 | 12:18 am

I’m so sorry.

September 12, 2010 | 12:07 pm

Yes, peace be with you all.

September 12, 2010 | 6:57 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

September 12, 2010 | 8:11 pm

I read your post on her blog late last night, so I prayed for all of you this morning in church. I’m so glad that I got to know her & talk on the phone with her (she was a HOOT) and that I have this fabulous pink flamingo to remember her by.

Beth
    September 13, 2010 | 9:16 am

My heart goes out to you for the loss of your mom. I pray for you and your family to have peace that she is in the presence of the Lord and her joy and laughter will be a blessing forever.

September 13, 2010 | 11:34 am

I’m sorry for your loss. All the best to you and your family.

September 13, 2010 | 2:14 pm

Aw, Poli, I am so sorry. Please know that you’re in my thoughts and prayers and my phone number hasn’t changed, so if the day comes that you just want to vent, I’ll be on the other end of the phone for you as you were for me during very dark times.

Uknow