Playing Tag

Posted on Wednesday 12 November 2008

Dyre at Dyre42 “tagged” me.  First time that’s happened (I think) in all the years I’ve had the blog — so of course I have to play.

Here are the rules of the game:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

So…  six random things about myself.  Hmmm….

1.  I go hiking as often as I possibly can.

2.  Even though I take photos of all kinds of creepies and crawlies, they usually don’t bother me.  Sometimes, though, they scare me to death.

Yup.  I see you, too.

3.  I can make my eyes go two different directions.  (Ewwww!!!)

4.  I lose my keys and my glasses constantly!

5.  I’m a mom.  (duh)

Painted faces

6.  I hate to cook, but I’m somehow good at it in spite of myself.

Okay… so now I’m supposed to tag and link to six more people:

Goldenrod at Goldenrod’s Thoughts

Enrico at Enrico Hale

Jon Swift (at his inimitable blog of the same name)

Slate at New Orleans Slate

Marc at Black Shards, In Your Eyes, Blinding

Ed T at etee’s Blog

Go play!

10 Comments for 'Playing Tag'

November 12, 2008 | 3:22 pm

Not fair! I repeat … not fair, Polimom! Steven ‘tagged’ me recently, but he didn’t play by the rules, and therefore I didn’t have to!. Not fair, Polimom, not fair!!

(Besides whatall I just said, your six random things about yourself were so very tersely stated as to give almost no add’l info whatsoever about what makes Polimom tick. Not fair, not fair, not fair!!!)

Nevertheless, I will abide by ‘the rules’ and pass it along.

November 12, 2008 | 7:10 pm

[...] Polimom says that it’s time to lighten up around here.  I admit that my outlook has been a bit bleak lately, but darn it, that’s why this site is called **Black Shards**, after all!  [...]

November 13, 2008 | 8:36 am

“I lose my keys and my glasses constantly!”

Fortunately I don’t have any glasses to lose. I used to lose my keys so often that I started keeping them in the butter tray in the fridge. It was an odd enough place to keep them that I always remembered where they were.

Thanks for playing though. Now that you gotten your first tag you get to experience the joy of “tag revenge”

November 13, 2008 | 1:25 pm

So this is what you meant by “tag”. OK, but it will probably have to wait until the weekend (gives me a ready-made topic for a Sat post tho.)

~EdT.

November 15, 2008 | 9:44 am

Mission Accomplished:

So, one morning I open my email, and find this cryptic missive from a blogger-friend of mine:

November 17, 2008 | 3:34 pm

Alrighty, girl. You got me before I could get to the tree we designated as “safe.” Here ya go. God, my bartabs are gonna be horrendous. I promised them all drinks! http://nolaslate.blogspot.com/2008/11/dont-blame-me-blame-polimom.html

November 17, 2008 | 4:48 pm

Alright Darlin’, I’ll play.

Besides, Slate is paying for the drinks. LOL

November 17, 2008 | 6:02 pm

[...] Polimom started this, and hooked NOLASlate into the process. This not something I do, but for once (since I am always baring my soul) here goes- [...]

November 17, 2008 | 6:58 pm

Hahahahaha!! Y’all are blaming me?!?!? Ohnononono — I’m pointing to Dyre! It’s all his fault!

November 17, 2008 | 9:49 pm

I didn’t follow all the rules, but I ‘played’ – barely! :)